Do you always have the latest phone?

There are some people who are smartphone freaks especially when there's a new release. They would be able to resist it. A friend of mine is like that and his favorite brand is iPhone. Once there's a new release, he swaps his phone with the latest one. He basically uses a phone just 1 year. 

Not really for me but I try at least to use my phone for 2 years before thinking about changing it. Whenever I'm getting a new one, it must not be more than 5 months old after its release. I won't use a phone that's 1 year old after production. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 12:40 AM, Heatman said:

Not really for me but I try at least to use my phone for 2 years before thinking about changing it. Whenever I'm getting a new one, it must not be more than 5 months old after its release. I won't use a phone that's 1 year old after production. 

I wouldn't mind a year gap in the smartphone I want to purchase. It's not too old for the smartphone which I'm still going to use not more than 2 to 3 years before getting a new one. It's been working that way for me. 

I always do my best to try and keep my phones running for as long as possible before upgrading. I want to try to avoid upgrading phones when they still have life left in them as I am conscious of the environmental impact and waste if phones aren't used for their full life. I understand why people like to have the latest phone because society does promote that way of living but I prefer to keep one phone for a while. 

I don't always have the latest phone. If I'm going to upgrade my phone I'll do it as soon as the newest one comes out, but I'll then use that phone for a while until it needs to get upgraded because I don't see the point in getting a new phone every year. I think if you can find a phone you like and it works well for you, stick with it as you'll save lots of money from changing all the time.

I would love to be able to keep up with the latest technology by getting the new phones at each release but I don't think the level of change in technologies warrants to price tags for the newest phones. If taken care of, phones can last many years before they need replacing. 

No I don't always have to have the latest phone or toys because I try and make things last as much as possible. I will be looking to upgrade this year depending on a couple of things but I try not to just upgrade for the sake of it, even though it's be nice to always have the coolest stuff.