frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are gmail addresses case sensitive?

If I accidentally capitalize a Gmail address, like for example if someone's Gmail address is tom.smith@gmail.com and I accidentally write it and send it as John.smith@aol.com

Will he still get my email message?
Or do i need to resend it in all lower cases?

Tagged:

Comments

• Email addresses, no matter which provider, are not case sensitive.

• So this means that john.smith@gmail.com would get the email message even if I did capitalize the t in his Gmail address?

ps
    Someone texted me there Gmail to my cellphone and only the first letter of there first name was capitalized, there second or last name was not capitalized. Could this be because cellphones and smartphones possibly might automatically capitalize the first letter of a sentence? There was also a dot separating the first and second/last name.

• You can capitalize all the letters in the first part of the email address and it will still get to the same person. And yes, smartphones will always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.