frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Surface Pro 3 keeps shutting down with phantom mouse clicks

About 4 months ago I received a replacement Surface Pro 3 i7 from Microsoft after experiencing issues with the device. The replacement device is now not working. And showing these symptoms:

• Replacement device is showing phantom touches and turns off by itself.
  • The touch in the screen is not working.
  • Device turns off when it is unplugged from the AC cord, when moving the device and when it goes to sleep mode.
  • Sporadic shutdowns.

So far support have said that as warranty on replacement devices is only 30 days and I the out of warranty options were provided ($809 plus local taxes if applicable).

I do not want to pay more for a device that I now has issues. I was also shocked to realize that Microsoft does not have a recycling program in place for returning these faulty and useless Surface devices. Like many others I know now better than to put trust in Microsoft as the support on these devices has been a joke and nothing like the support I get on Office products.

I really feel Microsoft should:

• Address issues with faulty Surface.
  • Provide a recycling program as they often do not last more than a year with regular use.

Comments